Today was a big day for us at the Big Rip. After waiting since 10/15/12 we finally got our brewers permit approved. How did it all go down you ask?
- On October 15th, 2012 we submitted our paperwork and mailed in our supplemental documents. It was a large packet with floorplans, lease copies, bank statements, bonds and general information. About 15 documents in all.
- On October 30th, 2012 our application was assigned to a representative.
- In early December we called and talked in person with our rep and was told “any day” and was asked more questions to answer.
- In late December, frustrated, we started calling once or twice a week trying to get an update. Usually not getting any updates that we requested. Our rep was nice but we were concerned that this delay wasn’t going to end.
- In early January we got a huge list of questions (about 2 pages single spaced) and submitted answers.
- Late January, got fed up, complained to the office, they were very nice and direct with me.
- January 31st, 2013 – BOOM — our application was approved.
So there was a lot of waiting and patience required to get this whole process going. In order to apply for the permit you needed to have a lease, floor plan and purchases for primary equipment. They make you go all in so it is frustrating to wait and see how it shakes out.
What does this mean now?
We are going to apply for our State, County and City permits and liquor licenses which should be much easier to get. Then it is all about building inspections, health inspections and then hopefully BREWING!
Hopefully soon we will have an anticipated opening date for everyone.